Monday 24 November 2014

Baby Photos using stuff you might have.

I did GB's first Halloween photos using a costume I was given, a curtain, a pumpkin, some dollar store cut outs I found in a box, a lamp, and some crap used for levels under the curtain. I also took a few minutes to edit them on a free mobile photo app. They turned out like this. 

Natural enough that they don't look cheesy but nice enough to fool some into thinking they're semi-professional. I used the same concept and technique for GB's Christmas shoot. He was a little fussy so I only managed a few pictures before I gave up. The only thing that you might not have is an outfit. A Santa hat (even adult sized) would suffice but I just happened to have an elf costume from when I was a baby. Yes, that's a 27 year old costume with only one broken button. I threw up a curtain and plugged in some lights (use the LED ones!) for a few pictures using my iPhone. 
If you want to take some decent pictures it's way easier then you think.
- use any sort of curtain or blanket as a backdrop
- A good camera on your phone will work just fine as long as you use the focus and no flash. 
- If you've already dug out the Christmas decorations, you have props
- An editing app is your best friend. Crop out the carpet or the cat or add a cute holiday message that looks professional as fuck. I use an app called Aviary.

So here's Giant Babies Christmas Portrait 

Including set up time, the whole thing ended up being about 45 minutes. Completely worth it if you have the time. 
-MMT


No comments:

Post a Comment